Monday, October 31, 2005

Seven Eleven

The last few weeks have been very busy with moving plans, buying furniture etc. After a hectic Friday night in which we packed up and L&M kindly helped us move to the new pad, we deserved a few beers. However, by Saturday morning, when we had to drive around Auckland picking up the furniture we'd bought on TradeMe, the beers didn't seem like such a good idea after all!

Mikey was our excellent driver and tour guide and despite my (Rachel's) almost constant nausea a fun day was had by all! I managed to hold it together enough to sit in the van whilst Tom & Mikey lugged a sofa bed down steep side tracks, rearranged chairs, matresses, beds etc in the back of the van and generally did all the work. To be fair, I had organised all the bidding, sales and pick-ups over the previous weeks so I felt that my work was already done ;)

The apartment looks very homely and is a pleasure to live in though Tom claims that the retro dressers make him cringe! They will grow on him I'm sure :)

Some pics to follow- oh the excitement!

No comments: