Sunday, September 04, 2005

All Black (Beaches)

Go All Blacks! They won of course, beating the aussies 34-24 but it was close at one point. Great atmosphere in the stadium especially sitting amongst the hoons and die hard Kiwi, Brazilian, Scandanavian and English All Blacks fans in the terraces!



Today we went on a road trip, with our new friends Lawrence and Miriam















Wow, I think we covered a fair bit of ground, out to Karekare & Piha (All Black (and shiny) volcanic sand!) beaches & Waitakere Ranges (which are all out to the west of Auckland, only 40mins drive away).



Headed to Mission Bay after, east of the city, then back for a few drinks in the Viaduct Harbour and a huuuuuuge foodhall meal. Had a lovely day but very tired now, so goodnight jon-boy :) zzzzzzzz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Jake! Canaries, All Blacks?, Canaries, All Blacks? Hmmmmmmm, so difficult! Rache x

Woowar said...

The cricket sounds like a real treat at the moment, shame we're not in the UK to watch it. They're really not that big on it over here :(

Anonymous said...

You know, when I am working in deepest, darkest, dirtiest Hackney (was in Broadwater Farm Estate today... Bleurrrgargh!) I am not in the slightest bit envious of your new lives in NZ. Honest. :OP

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Great to see that your settling in now, looks like it's pretty cool over there, not in the slightest bit envious of you!!

Speak to you soon

Stu

Miss Antipodean said...

Hiya - apologies for the very overdue reply. I only just remembered I have a guest book on my blog and spotted your comments. Definitely read away (nice to know some people do!). Its strange but I actually felt all 'missing NZ' looking at photos of the Sky Tower! (Shhh! Dont tell anyone in the Mainland that, or I wont be allowed back!) I used to work on the cnr of Albert and Wyndham Streets almost ten years ago and watched the Sky tower 'grow' up past my office window.. Hope you enjoy your new home - NZs gorgeous (but parts of the UK are growing on me!)